Tinnitus affects one in ten adults in the UK.
Tinnitus is the perception of noises in the head and/or ear which have no external source. It derives from the Latin word for ringing and those living with the condition may have to endure a ringing, buzzing, hissing, whistling or other noise. The sensation can be constant or intermittent and it can vary in volume.
Information taken from the British Tinnitus Association website.
Colette Bunker from The British Tinnitus Association launched our support group on the 11th May.
All support groups are different, but generally the benefits of joining one are:
- Development of new coping skills
- Learning new, practical ways of dealing with problems
- Learning to relax and managing stress
- Feeling more in control and an increase in confidence
- Gaining inspiration and support from others
The support group is held from 2pm to 4pm at Wilberforce House, 49 North Moor Road, Huntington, York, YO32 9QN.
- Thursday 13 February 2020
- Thursday 9 April 2020
- Thursday 11 June 2020
- Thursday 3 September 2020
- Thursday 29 October 2020
- Thursday 10 December 2020
To find out more information about the group please call Cathy Woodward on 01904 202292.