Tinnitus affects one in ten adults in the UK.
Tinnitus is the perception of noises in the head and/or ear which have no external source. It derives from the Latin word for ringing and those living with the condition may have to endure a ringing, buzzing, hissing, whistling or other noise. The sensation can be constant or intermittent and it can vary in volume.
Information take from the British Tinnitus Association website.
Colette Bunker from The British Tinnitus Association launched our support group on the 11th May.
All support groups are different, but generally the benefits of joining one are:
- Development of new coping skills
- Learning new, practical ways of dealing with problems
- Learning to relax and managing stress
- Feeling more in control and an increase in confidence
- Gaining inspiration and support from others
Thursday 21 February 2019
Thursday 18 April 2019
Thursday 13 June 2019
Thursday 8 August 2019
Thursday 17 October 2019
Thursday 12 December 2019
To find out more information about the group please call Cathy Woodward on 01904 202292.